> The Short Version
> Terms of Service
1. General. This Terms and Conditions Agreement (this "Agreement") contains the complete terms and conditions that apply to an individual's or entity's use of the NewsIsFree web services (the "Free Services"):
- Onsite News Browsing Service (the "Portal Service").
- Free Syndication Service (the "Free Service").
- Premium Services.
2. Use of Links.
2.1. You acknowledge that the Services contain links, descriptions and other material (collectively, the "Links") that are protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights of NewsIsFree and third-party content providers.
2.2. You shall not be entitled to frame an article from a Content Provider's Site or any part thereof within the Your Site and You shall ensure at all times that each of the Links on Your site, when clicked, will not open in a frame. You agree that You will at all times conspicuously designate the Content Provider as the source of the news content.
2.3. You may not copy, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute, redistribute, display, or in any way exploit any of the Links, in whole or in part, except as expressly permitted in this Agreement.
2.4. You may not sell, license, sublicense, assign, transfer or otherwise economically exploit any of the Links, in whole or in part.
2.5. You may not aggregate these links to provide additionnal services to third parties without prior written permission. These services included, but are not limited to, indexing and search services, change notification services, online news portal services, etc. This applies even if the services are provided free of charge.
2.6. You may not use software programs to test the validity of the Links, or any other software programs that use the Links to view the original article of the Publisher, except as expressly permitted in this agreement or with prior written permission of NewsIsFree.
2.7. You may reproduce the Links on pages not powered directly by NewsIsFree, provided, however the source attributed remains intact. You are not authorized to copy the content from any article, without the express permission of the Publisher.
2.8. You may write commentary around the Links, and sell
advertising on the page which contains the Links but you shall be
solely liable if such commentary and/or advertising violates or
infringes on the rights of any Publisher.
2.9. The Links may not be used on Sites which We determine to be unsuitable. Unsuitable Sites include those that:
- promote sexually explicit materials
- promote violence and/or illegal activities
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age
- modify the names of publishers or fail to give proper source attribution without publisher permission
- otherwise violate intellectual property rights
2.10. You agree to permit NewsIsFree to display your site's name, logo and URL on NewsIsFree's web site, in NewsIsFree marketing and reporting literature, profile application, and any other advertising.
3. Responsibility for your Site.
3.1. NewsIsFree is an independent provider of links to news articles. You are responsible for taking all reasonable precautions to ensure that materials posted on your site do not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party (including, for example, copyrights, trademarks, privacy, or other personal or proprietary rights).
3.2. The Services contain links to Sites on the Internet which are owned and operated by Publishers (the "External Sites"). You acknowledge that NewsIsFree is not responsible for the availability of any External Site. You should contact the site administrator or Webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or the Links located on such External Sites.
3.3. While we will make commercially reasonable efforts to maintain the currency, accuracy and availability of the Services, we make no representation that the operation of the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free, and We will not be liable for the consequences of any interruptions or errors. You will be solely responsible for the development, operation, and maintenance of your Site.
3.4. The Free Syndication Service includes a default hypertext link to the NewsIsFree Site (the "NewsIsFree Link"). You may not delete or modify the NewsIsFree Link without prior written permission from NewsIsFree. If The Links of one or more news feeds powered by NewsIsFree are displayed on a page of your website, you must prominently display either of the following logo with a link back to this site. Please copy and paste the HTML code below:
3.5. The Premium Syndication Service is provided to registered users. It implies the use of an URL to the NewsIsFree site which contains a unique client identifier. Users of these Services are not allowed to use the URL for sites other than the one they registered for and are responsible of making all reasonable efforts to keep the URL and client Id from being used by other parties.
3.6. We will not be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages (or any loss of revenue, profits, or data) arising in connection with this Agreement or the Services, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Further, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, damages, and expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys' fees) relating to the use of the Services on your Site other than in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
3.7. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF NEWSISFREE, THE PUBLISHERS, THIRD PARTY LINKS PROVIDERS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
4.1. The Links available through the Free Service are delivered free of charge. We may modify any of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, at any time and in our sole discretion, by (1) posting a change notice or a new agreement on our Site, and (2) using commercially reasonable efforts to notify all users under this Agreement via email. The email address you provide during the initial set up process will be the email address to which NewsIsFree directs such notices. UPON YOUR RECIEPT OF SUCH NOTICE, IF ANY MODIFICATION IS UNACCEPTABLE TO YOU, YOUR ONLY RECOURSE IS TO TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT. YOUR CONTINUED UTILIZATION OF THE SERVICES FOLLOWING YOUR RECEIPT OF NOTICE WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR BINDING ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGE.
4.2. Termination of Services. NewsIsFree reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to restrict, suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of Links on the Services at any time for any reason without prior notice or liability.
5. Independent Investigation. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE MAY AT ANY TIME (DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY) SOLICIT CUSTOMER REFERRALS ON TERMS THAT MAY DIFFER FROM THOSE CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT OR OPERATE WEBSITES THAT ARE SIMILAR TO OR COMPETE WITH YOUR WEBSITE. YOU HAVE INDEPENDENTLY EVALUATED THE DESIRABILITY OF PARTICIPATING IN THE SERVICES AND ARE NOT RELYING ON ANY REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE, OR STATEMENT OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.
6. Miscellaneous. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of France and Switzerland. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all previous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to such subject matter. If any inconsistency exists between the terms of this agreement and any additional terms and conditions posted on the Services, such terms shall be interpreted as to eliminate any inconsistency, if possible, and otherwise, the additional terms and conditions shall control. In any legal action brought to enforce the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its reasonable costs and fees, including attorney fees.